A Little School With Big Ideas
Moggies Breakfast Club and After School Club, run by Moggerhanger Primary School, provides high quality wraparound care before and after school for children aged 3 to 11 who normally attend Moggerhanger Primary School.
Our Mission Statement:
“To provide all children within our care a safe and caring environment where a variety of stimulating and exciting play opportunities exist to support learning and creativity”
Through our breakfast and after school clubs we intend to:
• Provide opportunities for fun, enjoyment and learning through a range of activities
• Encourage children to develop friendships between age groups and work together
• To enhance the development of creativity in a happy environment where children are
• supervised by a committed and professional staff team
• To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and their families. Good quality wraparound childcare has a positive impact on children’s outcomes. Research by NatCen shows that participating in organised sports and joining after school clubs can help to improve primary school children’s academic performance and social skills. Among disadvantaged children, those who attended after school clubs fared better than their peers who did not take part in such groups. They achieved on average, a 2- point higher total score in their KS2 assessments in English, Maths and Science at the end of primary school. Research also shows that children who participated in organised sports and physical activities at any time during primary school, had better social, emotional and behavioural skills than those who did not take part. The findings took into account background factors such as child gender, ethnicity, age and family structure, as well as parental income and occupational class.
We create a timetable of exciting opportunities every month for the children who join us in our Moggies After School Club. We take suggestions from the children for what they would like to do, and also consult with the School Council. If you have any suggestions for clubs please contact the school office.
Each month the timetable will be emailed home to parents, and events will be available to book online at your convenience. Our full Moggies Before and After School Club Policy can be found on our Policies page.
Please see below for some examples of the events we have run in the past: